Aloo Capsicum Sabzi
Aloo and Capsicum goes well in any dish and this is one such dish which I make often at home. This is very simple to make and you can serve it in tiffin box as well. This goes perfect as a side dish with Dal Chawal. Give it a try!
Write a review
- Potato - 2 Medium, cut into big chunks
- Capsicum - 3 Medium, cut into big chunks
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/8 Tsp
- Onion - 1 Medium, chopped
- Tomato - 1 Medium, chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 Tsp
- Green Chili - 1, chopped
- Turmeric - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick karahi. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida and let them splutter.
- Now add turmeric, coriander powder and mix it well. Add chopped onions and let the onions cook until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes, green chilis, salt and red chili powder. Mix it well and cover with a lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the potatoes and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes or till it is half done on a medium flame.
- Now add capsicum and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Paranthas, Chapatis or as a side dish with Dal Chawal.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/