Aloo matar is one of the most popular North Indian subzis loved by Indians across the globe. In this easy version a salsa like gravy of onions, tomatoes, ginger and green chilies cooked along with aromatic spice powders make this simple curry delicious. Serve it piping hot with rotis or puris.
Write a review
- Potato - 400 gm ( peeled and diced)
- Frozen/fresh green peas - 150 gm
- Chopped green chili - 2
- Chopped onion - 2 (medium)
- Fresh Tomato puree - 100 gm
- Ginger garlic paste -1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/3 Tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add green chili and onions, fry it till onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add potato and cook it for 2 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder, mix it well.
- Add green peas, tomato puree and mix it, cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add one glass of water, salt and garam masala powder, mix it well.
- Close the lid and cook it for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.Open the lid and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Aloo matar is ready, serve hot with roti, poori, paratha or rice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/