Always a great hit, potatoes and spinach come together yet again, in a Punjabi version of Aloo Palak. Once you have peeled and chopped the cooked potatoes and chopped the washed spinach, this dish is a breeze to prepare as it simply makes use of readily available spice powders and everyday ingredients. Simple though it sounds, the apt combination of ingredients results in a true tongue-tickler! Enjoy it hot with your favorite Indian bread.
Write a review
- Potatoes - 1½ cups boiled, peeled and cubes
- Spinach - washed, dried and finely chopped
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic - 1 Tsp, chopped
- Ginger - 1 Tsp, chopped
- Green chilies - 2, chopped
- Dry kashmiri red chilies - 2
- Coriander powder - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, red chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Now add the potatoes, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or until all the water evaporates from the spinach.
- Aloo palak is ready to serve.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/