Amla Mirchi Fry
Amla mirchi fry is a unique way of consuming amla. Amla needs no introduction for its goodness. It is not only good source of vitamin c, but it also helps in digestion. According to ayurveda it's beneficial for both body and mind. But it is a bit difficult to eat it raw due to its extreme sourness. Hence, I have found a way of cooking it as a amla fry and then eating everyday with my meals. So what are you waiting for? Take a step towards health and start eating an amla everyday.
Write a review
- Amla – 250 g
- Green chili – 100 gms ( I have used long & thick variety, which is not very spicy )
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1/8 Tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 Tsp
- Carom seed – 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Fennel seed powder – 1 ½ Tsp
- Coriander seed powder – 1 Tsp
- Red chili powder - ¼ Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash, dry and cut the amla in small pieces and remove the seed. Now wash, dry and cut green chilies as well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seed and carom seed and cook for few seconds. Now add in turmeric powder, coriander seed powder and Fennel seed powder. Let the masalas cook for 30 seconds. Now add Amla, green chilies, red chili powder and salt in the mixture. Stir and fry the Amla for 2 to 3 minutes. Now cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes or until amla is fully cooked.
- Open the cover and stir the Amla. Now break one of them and if its still hard, cover them again and let the cook on low flame for another 2 to 3 minutes. Amla & mirchi fry are ready.
- Take out the Amla fry in a bowl. Refrigerate the Amla fry and consume within 10-12 days.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/