Andhra Style Egg Pulusu
Egg Pulusu in Andhra style is a traditional recipe made using tamarind gravy called as pulusu and added into it are boiled eggs. I love to have this pulusu during cold winter evenings or rains with some hot steamed rice and papad. Do give this a try, I am sure, you will love it.
Write a review
- Eggs - 4-5 (boiled, make 3-4 cuts in each egg)
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Onions - 3 medium sized, chopped
- Tomato - 1 medium, chopped
- Green chilies - 3-4, vertically slot
- Curry leaves - 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp + 1/4 Tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
- Tamarind pulp - 2 Tbsp
- Jaggery/Sugar - 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder into it, add boiled eggs and fry them for few minutes on all sides. Take it out and keep aside.
- In a same pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat. Add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add fenugreek seeds, slit green chilies, curry leaves and onions.
- Sauté on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, mix well and cook for few seconds until the tomatoes are soft.
- Then Add tamarind pulp and 1/2 glass of water and let the water come to a boil.
- Add jaggery or sugar into it. Cover and cook it for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice of phulka.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/