Apple Cinnamon Vegan Cake
The Apple Cinnamon Vegan Cake is so delicious, it will entice even those, who are not very fond of apples. The fruity aroma of apples and a delicate smell of cinnamon fill the entire house with their magic even as this cake bakes! Indeed, your kids and you will find it difficult to wait till it is out of the oven. Try this easy, moist and delicious cake for birthday party, high tea party or just as it is. You will love it.
Write a review
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup
- Cornstarch - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 Tsp
- Salt - 1/8 Tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 Tsp
- Nutmeg - 1/4 Tsp ( preferably freshly grated)
- Canola oil or any other vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
- Castor sugar - 3/4 cup
- Apple sauce - 1 1/2 cup ( store bought)
- Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Degrees F or 180 degrees.
- Grease the cake pan with some butter and dry flour. (I have used silicon flower shape mould, you can take 8" * 8" pan).
- Mix the dry ingredients together - All purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a different bowl whisk oil and sugar together for about 2 minutes, add apple sauce and vanilla extract, mix it well.
- Add the dry ingredients to apple mix and mix it together gently making sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake around 30-35 minutes (mine exactly took 32 minutes) until cake begins to pull away from sides and/or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it sit for minimum 15 minutes. Slice and serve warm with a cup of tea or coffee.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/