It's very cold & rainy here with no sign of spring. These atta ladoos (wholewheat ladoos) are so delicious & keep our body warm. Keep it in an air tight container. It has a long shelf life. So, when that sweet cravings hits you, you know in which direction to head
Write a review
- Atta - 500 gm
- Ghee - 350 gm
- Sugar (Bura) - 400 gm
- Cardamom - 4-5 (powdered)
- Cashew nuts - 100 gms, chopped
- Almonds - 50 gms, sliced
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed wok or kadhai and put in the atta and roast on low flame for about 20 min.
- When the atta turns brown in color and a nice fragrance starts coming out of the atta, turn off the heat. Atta is ready.
- Now cut the cashews into six pieces each. Peel the cardamom and grind its seeds finely.
- Let the atta cool little bit. Add sugar, cardamom powder, Cashew nuts & mix thoroughly.
- Dip your hands in cold water, take small amount of the mixture (golf ball size) and roll it into balls.
- Ladoos are ready. Keep it in an airtight container.
- Makes approx. 25 to 30 ladoos depending on the size you make.
- Let the ladoos cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or Ziploc bags.
- Store the ladoos in the freezer - they stay fresh for months! (but remember to serve at room temperature)
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/