Avocado Toast with Poached Egg
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love Avocados & I love eggs too. So why not combine them together & make some healthy meal out of it ? Here is my Avocado Toast with Poached Egg. Why only breakfast, you can try this out for lunch or dinner too. You will love it!
Write a review
- Slices of any bread of your choice - 2
- Eggs - 2
- Ripe avocado - 1
- White vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature - 1 Tbsp
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toast the bread slices in the toaster until brown & crispy. You can pop up the bread slices in the oven also at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Apply softened butter on one side of the toast & keep it aside.
- Fill the heavy bottom skillet with 6 glasses of water. Bring it to simmer, add vinegar, break eggs separately in two bowls. Slowly add eggs into the simmering water & let it cook for exactly 1 minute. Switch off the flame & cover it with the lid. Let them sit in hot water for around 5 minutes.
- In a meantime, add avocado in a bowl & mash it with the help of a fork, add lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix it well.
- Spread the avocado mixture on a toasted bread.
- Take out the eggs from the water & pat them dry on a kitchen paper. Place each egg on the avocado toast and sprinkle some salt, freshly ground pepper & a pinch of cayenne pepper on top.
- Serve immediately.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/