Baked Cauliflower tots
I am always looking for recipes to create with cauliflower. These tots are so good that your kids won’t even realize they are eating a healthy vegetable. Cooked cauliflower mixed with parmesan and formed into the tater tot shape and baked into a crispy golden tot. This is the perfect side dish with grilled hamburgers or chicken breast sandwiches.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- Cauliflower – 1, large head, cut into florets
- Onion – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup, grated
- Bread crumbs – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1, large
- Paprika powder – ½ Tsp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the nonstick baking sheet liberally with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the water and cook them until fork tender, 7-8 minutes. Thoroughly drain the florets and transfer them to a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower for a few seconds just until it breaks down into small pieces (about the size of grains of rice).
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in the chopped onion, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, paprika powder and black pepper, mixing until thoroughly combined. (The mixture should be roughly the consistency of mashed potatoes). Using your hands, scoop up 1- to 2- tablespoons of the mixture and mold it into a tater tot shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the shaping process with the remainder of the mixture, spacing the tots about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the tots for about 20 minutes then flip them and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crisped. Remove and serve with ketchup, pesto, hummus or your preferred dipping sauce.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/