Banana chocolate chip bread
This is one of my family's favorites that I make quite often. This is a classic banana bread which is delicious, super moist and full of chocolate chips. Enjoy this bread warm with a cup of tea/milk or top it with a scoop of ice-cream and serve it for dessert!
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- Eggs - 2
- Buttermilk - ⅓ Cup
- Vegetable oil - ½ Cup
- Mashed bananas - 1 Cup
- White sugar - 1 Cup
- Brown sugar - ½ Cup
- Vanilla - 1 Tsp
- Flour - 1¾ Cup
- Baking soda - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ½ Tsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1 Cup
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C or 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and oil until well beaten together.
- Add in mashed bananas, both sugars and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and mix in nicely, do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the batter and bake at 170 degrees C or 325 degrees F for about 50 minutes. Check at 50 minutes by doing the toothpick test. Bake longer as needed until cooked through.
- Enjoy warm with a cup of tea or milk.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/