Basic vanilla cake
Finding a good cake recipes can be really difficult. But if you found one, then the recipe has to be kept under lock and keys. This is one of my no fail, vanilla cake recipe. Sometimes I add tutti fruity or chocolate chips or even nuts in them and take it one step further. But my basic recipe is this one. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you!
Write a review
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Butter - 1/2 cup (Melted)
- Milk - 60 ml
- Yogurt - 60 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt - 1/4 Tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degree C. Grease the cake pan with butter well. Dust it with flour and coat on all sides, now tap off the excess flour and keep aside.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and keep aside. Strain flour, baking powder and salt using sieve in another bowl and mix well, keep aside. Mix milk and yogurt in a jug and keep this aside.
- Now take butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater to beat the mix till it is light and mixed properly.
- Add in 1 egg at a time and beat well.
- Add in half the flour mix and fold gently. Pour half the yogurt & milk mix and fold gently. Now add the remaining flour and curd milk mixture and fold well.
- Now pour the cake batter in a cake pan and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely. Now invert the cake and cut into desired pieces.
- Cake is ready to enjoy.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/