Beetroot & Paneer Cutlets
I love the red color that Beetroots have. Not only are they fun to work with but are healthy for you as well and I am always looking for ways to incorporate them into our everyday meals. These cutlets are always a hit in my home and I use them for parties and for week-end lunches. The versatility is amazing, it can be kept inside a burger bun, sandwiches or can be eaten as it is with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice. Serve these cutlets hot and crisp, as soon as you prepare them.
Write a review
- Beetroot – 1, large (grated)
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 gms
- Onion – 1, medium (chopped)
- Green chilies – 2, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Beetroot juice – 3 Tbsp (squeeze the juice from grated beetroot)
- Cornflour – 1 Tbsp
- Potato – 1 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry mango powder – ½ Tsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Oil – for frying + 2 Tbsp to cook the beetroot
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger and green chilies. Let it cook for a minute. Add onions & cook the onions till translucent.
- Add grated beetroot . Add Red chili powder, salt, dry mango powder & garam masala, Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes until beetroot is tender.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl & let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add paneer, potato and coriander. Mix well.
- Take beetroot juice. Add cornflour and mix it properly.
- Now divide the beetroot mixture into 9 equal portions and roll each portion between the palms of your hands to make a flat round cutlets. Refrigerate the cutlets for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan & fry the cutlets until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/