Besan Atta Ladoo
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous Diwali! May Goddess Lakshmi bless us with happiness, good health and peace always. Most festivals are about traditions and about families coming together. In India, they are also about eating. Made Besan Atta ladoos this Diwali to celebrate this occasion with my loved ones. Diwali is the festival that is pretty much that and with so much to do, an easy recipe is like a God-send. See the delight as you watch your kids enjoy this yummy and sweet ladoo and realize that Lord Ganesh is not the only big fan of Ladoos!
Write a review
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3/4 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup, coarsely crushed
- Almonds - 1/4 cup, coarsely crushed
- Pistachios - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Green cardamom powder - 1 Tsp
- Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add gram flour and whole wheat flour. Roast both the flours on a medium flame till golden and fragrant. Transfer onto a plate and add almonds and cashews. (Almonds and cashews will toast slightly with hot Besan atta mixture) Mix well and let it cool a bit.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. Mix it well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round ladoo. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Store in an airtight container to enjoy for up to 2 months.
- Let the ladoos cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- When making this, remember that the rug flavor of the ladoos depends on how well you cook the besan and atta. Under-cooking it will leave behind a raw taste, which will ruin the whole recipe. So, make sure you cook it well.
- Make sure to add the sugar only after the flours cools a bit otherwise sugar will melt.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/