Boondi Kadhi is an amazing variation to a typical Punjabi kadhi. It tastes great with steamed rice, jeera rice or roti. Do not wait for too long after the boondi has been added to the kadhi, Serve immediately. Do give it a try! You will love it.
Write a review
- Boondi - 1 cup
- Curd / Dahi - 1 cup
- Gran flour / Besan - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds / Methi dana - 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1-2 tap
- Black peppercorns - 4-5
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Onion - 1, medium ( sliced)
- Ginger - 1 Tsp, chopped
- Dry red chilies - 2
- Red chili powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop ginger and slice the onion.
- Mix curd, gram flour, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water. Whisk it well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat oil and add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, red chilies,curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds, add sliced onions and chopped ginger. Sauté for 3-4 minutes till the onions are translucent.
- Then add the curds mixture. Stir it continuously, give it a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Later add the red chili powder, boondi and simmer for another 4-5 min.
- Serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/