Bread Medu Vada
Medu Vada is a South Indian snack which is made up of Urad Dal but here is a quick recipe for Medu Vada using bread. These are very delicious and can be made instantly in just 15-20 minutes. You can serve these vadas which Sambhar or Coconut chutney. It will taste yum. Do try it!
Write a review
- Bread slices - 8
- Yogurt/Curd - 3/4 cup
- Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
- Semolina/Sooji - 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, finally chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp chopped
- Curry leaves - 5-6, roughly chopped
- Green chilies - 2, chopped
- Baking Soda - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, take bread slices and crumble them into small pieces.
- Now add rice flour, sooji, yogurt, cumin seeds, onion, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, baking soda and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients and form into a soft dough. If you feel that the dough is dry, you can add 1-2 Tsp of curd to make it smooth. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease your hands with oil and make a small ball and gently press between the palms to flatten. Slowly create a hole in the center.
- Repeat the above step for the remaining dough.
- Deep fry the Vadas slowly on medium flame till they turn golden brown from both sides. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with sambhar or chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/