Bread Upma, is a great way to use up leftover bread, many people like it so much that they would go and buy fresh pack of bread just to make this upma. You will thoroughly enjoy this upma, which can be had as a breakfast or evening snack.
Write a review
- Bread pieces - 3 cups, roughly torn
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 2 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 8-10
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 Tsp, finely chopped
- Green chilies - 1 Tsp, chopped
- Onions - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 cup, chopped
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup, chopped ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder- 1 Tsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, capsicum, turmeric powder, red chili powder, 2 tbsp of water. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and cook it for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/