Broccoli & Potato balls
Broccoli tastes so good in this starter, you will fall head over heals in love with it. Broccoli & potatoes thoughtfully combined, result in an irresistible starter that is crisp outside and succulent indulgent inside.
Write a review
- Finely chopped and blanched broccoli - 3/4 cup
- Boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 Tsp
- Finely chopped onions - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped green chilies - 1/2 Tsp
- Grated ginger - 1/2 Tsp
- Finely chopped garlic - 1/2 Tsp
- Soy sauce - 1/2 Tsp
- Cornflour - 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients to make slurry
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Black pepper (a pinch)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Bread crumbs for rolling the balls
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan,add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chilies, ginger and garlic and saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the broccoli and Soy sauce and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from a flame and keep aside to cool for a while.
- Add the potatoes, cornflour and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into round ball.
- Dip each round ball in the maida water mixture and then roll with the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non stick pan and deep fry, till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/