Bulgur Veggie Salad
Bulgur Veggie salad is Quick, Easy, Nutritious, Low fat, High fiber. This salad is adjusted to suit one's taste. Sometimes I use Bulgur wheat as a replacement for white rice. It tastes delicious. This salad can be made couple of hours ahead but add the dressing just before serving.
Write a review
- Bulgur Wheat - 250 gms (I used medium variety)
- Bell peppers (red & yellow) - 1/2 Cup, chopped
- Carrot - 1 Medium, chopped
- Sweet Corn - 1/4 Cup
- Chick peas - 1/3 Cup (boiled)
- Red onion - 1 Medium, chopped
- Baby Spinach - Handful, chopped
- Roma Tomatoes - 1/2 Cup, chopped
- Cucumber - 1/4 Cup, chopped
- Red radish - 1/4 Cup, chopped
- Pine nuts - 2 Tbsp (lightly roasted on a pan)
- Coriander - 1/4 Cup, chopped
Ingredients for dressing
- Olive oil light - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 2 Tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, fill with hot water until the wheat grains are covered. Season with salt and soak for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, chop all the veggies. Take a large bowl and add all the veggies in it along with chick peas.
- Drain the excess water from the bulgur and add the bulgur to the veggies.
- Take all the dressing ingredients and mix it until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the bulgur and mix it well.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the salad.
- Refrigerate the salad for 20 minutes.
- Serve cold as a side dish or as a salad to go with a barbecue. It also tastes great on its own.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/