Carrot Halwa is most relish and all time favorite dessert prepared with fresh carrots, milk and sugar. This is a classic Indian dessert which is made on any festival or for any celebration. A steaming hot bowl of this halwa is divine after meals in winters. Give it a try!
Write a review
- Carrots - 1 kg
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Mawa/khoya - 150 gems
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 250 gms or to taste
- Green cardamom - 4
- Cashew nuts - 8-10, chopped
- Almonds - 8-10, slivered
- Peel the carrots and cut off the stalks from both the ends. Then wash the carrots thoroughly in running water and grate them in food processor or manually with grater.
- Peel the cardamom and crush its seeds in mortar pestle.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a deep kadhai. Add grated carrots. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes. Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes, covered on a low flame.
- Add milk and mix well and cook for 7-8 minutes on a low flame until all the milk has evaporated. Add sugar and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile roast the mawa/khoya in a separate pan by stirring continuously until light brown.
- On the other hand, when the carrot juice and milk has evaporated, add 1 tbsp of remaining ghee and roast the carrots for 1 minute. Add mawa, nuts and mix thoroughly. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- When everything gets well mixed, switch off the flame and add crushed cardamom seeds. Mix well and transfer the halwa in a bowl and garnish with some more nuts and serve.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/