Chana Dal Pulao
Chana Dal is one of the most protein rich lentil used in Indian cuisine. This one pot Chana dal rice dish is easy, nutritious which is packed with proteins. Try out this recipe and make your taste buds feel good!
Write a review
3 hr 40 min
3 hr 40 min
- Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup ( washed and drained )
- Chana dal (Bengal gram) - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1, medium, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 3-4
- Green Cardamom - 2
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Wash the dal thoroughly and soak it for 2-3 hrs in warm water.
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 cup of water. Add salt and turmeric powder and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Dal will be soft but not fully cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them splutter. Then add bay leaf, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon stick. Sauté for 30 seconds. Add ginger garlic paste and onions and sauté till the onions are light pink in color.
- Now add washed rice and mix well. Add water, some salt, mix and let the water come to a boil. Add Chana dal, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
- When water is somewhat reduced, cover with a lid and cook it on a low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame. Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Open the lid. Warm and delicious Chana dal pulao is ready. Serve it with raita or pickle of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/