Cheesy baked bean sandwich
Just one glimpse of this, Cheesy baked bean sandwich is enough to make you feel hungry! This is a sumptuous sandwich, which features baked beans, capsicum and cheese. Very easy and quick to make. Kids will love this sandwich too. Give it a go.
Write a review
- Baked beans - 1 Can
- Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Bread slices - 6 (any bread of your choice)
- Chili flakes - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp, softened (to spread on the bread)
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese - 1/2 cup, grated (any cheese of your choice, I used Emmental)
- Tomato ketchup - 1 Tbsp
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Put in onions and cook the onions till translucent.
- Add capsicum and cook for a minute. Then add baked beans, mix and cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, white pepper powder, chili flakes and tomato ketchup, mix it well and cook for a minute or till it thickens. Remove it in a bowl and cool.
- Preheat an electric griller.
- Spread some butter on one side of each bread slice.
- To prepare one sandwich, spread baked beans mixture and cheese on the butter side of one bread slice.
- Grease the preheat griller with butter. Place the sandwich and cover with the another bread slice, buttered side upwards. Cover the griller and toast the sandwich till golden on both sides. Make rest of the sandwiches the same way. Cut diagonally and serve immediately.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/