The traditional non-vegetarian dish chili chicken is modified for vegetarians. The dry chili paneer is often served as a starter while the gravy version makes a great side dish for fried rice or vegetable noodles. This Indo Chinese paneer dish is excellent for all the paneer lovers. It is very easy & quick to make. Do give it a try & let me know how it turned out to be.
Write a review
Ingredients to marinate the paneer
- Paneer – 200 gms
- All purpose flour – 2 Tbsp
- Cornstarch – 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/3 tsp
- Water – 3-4 Tbsp to make a thick paste
Ingredients to make chili paneer
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Green chilies – 2 slit into length wise
- Bell pepper – Red and green (small) cut into dices
- Onion – I (medium) – cut into dices
- Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp (You can add 2 Tbsp if you want more spicy)
- Soy Sauce – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar – ½ Tbsp
- Ajinomoto (MSG) – ½ Tbsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Cornstarch – 1 Tsp + 1 Tbsp water to make a slurry
- Water – ½ cup
Method to marinate the Paneer
- Cut Paneer into Square pieces.
- Make a batter for marinating paneer adding everything except paneer.
- After the marination is ready, add paneer & mix it well with the marination & keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Take a pan and add oil to shallow fry the paneer pieces from all the sides for approx. 1 minute until they turn golden brown & Crispy.
- Take it out on an absorbent paper
Method to make Chili Paneer
- In a same pan with oil, add ginger garlic paste & green chilies and sauté it for 20-30 seconds.
- Add onions & bell peppers to it and sauté it on high flame for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, salt and ajinomoto & stir.
- Add Paneer pieces to it & mix it well.
- If you want to make chili paneer dry then switch off the flame & garnish it with some toasted sesame seeds & chopped spring onion greens and it's ready to serve.
- If you want some gravy, add water to this point and let it start simmering.
- When it's simmering, add cornstarch slurry to thicken the gravy. Mix it well & cook it for 30 seconds. Garnish with some spring onion greens & toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with fried rice or hakka noodles.
- Don't add too much of salt as soy sauce contains enough salt
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/