Chocolate Carrot Loaf
You will love the rustic flavor of this honey flavored chocolate cake, reinforced with carrots, walnuts & raisins. The carrot helps to keep the cake moist, while chocolate makes it appeal to all. Enjoy this cake warm with a cup of tea, or top it with a scoop of ice-cream and serve it for dessert!
Write a review
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp
- Carrots – ¾ cup, grated
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Honey – 2 Tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ Tsp
- Baking powder – ¼ Tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ Tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Walnuts – 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Raisins – 2 Tbsp, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and fold gently into a smooth batter making sure that no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted loaf tin, pat the tin lightly so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C (360 degree F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool it completely, loosen the edges using a knife and demould it by inverting the tin over a rack and tap gently to unmould the loaf.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately or store it in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- To test if the loaf is cooked, insert a knife or a skewer into a loaf. If it is cooked, the knife will come out clean.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/