Chocolate Coconut Modak
Ganpati Bappa Morya!! Ganesh Chaturthi is here again. Celebrate this special occasion with Ganesha's favorite modak. Made Chocolate coconut modak this time. Although it is quite a grand affair, the good news is that it is much easier to make than the traditional modak, which requires a bit of deft handwork. This modak on the other hand requires you to pack the mixture into the modak mould, and de-mould after a press.
Write a review
- Dark chocolate - 150 gms
- Condensed milk - 2 Tbsp
- Desiccated coconut - 1 cup
- Raisins - 8-10
- Pistachios - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Almonds - 2 Tbsp, slivered
- Roast coconut on a low-medium flame until light golden brown. Let it cool down a bit.
- Add condensed milk to the roasted coconut.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds, if not done, then microwave for 30 more seconds. Mix it well and pour the melted chocolate in the coconut mixture.
- Add Raisins, pistachios and almonds. Mix it well.
- Keep the mixture in a refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Take a portion of a mixture, place it on one side of the modak mould and close the modak mould tightly.
- Remove the excess modak mixture from the edges of the modak mould and de-mould the modak.
- Repeat the same procedure to make the rest of the modaks and serve.
- These modaks stay fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature.
- If the mixture gets too dry then you can add 1 more tbsp of condensed milk. It will come out perfect.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/