Chole pulao is a one pot spiced fragrant pulao recipe made with cooked chickpeas. If you are looking for some variety in your daily meals, then here’s a great, hearty and healthy meal. It is rich in protein and fiber, which makes a meal wholesome.
Write a review
- White chana - 1/2 Cup
- Basmati rice - 1 Cup
- Sliced onion - 1 Small
- Chopped tomato - 1 Medium size
- Green chilies - 2-3
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1 Inch piece
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Bay leaf - 1
- Chopped ginger - 1 Tbsp
- Chopped garlic - 1 Tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 Tsp
- Amchur powder - 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the chana overnight and pressure cook till soft adding very less water and salt.
- Pressure cook rice with 1.5 cups of water, wait for the first whistle and switch off the flame.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic and tomato.
- Slit green chilies and slice onion.
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf. Sauté for few seconds and add in the sliced onion, chopped ginger, garlic and salt. Sauté until transparent.
- Add in the green chilies and tomatoes along with the dry spices red chili powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder. Sauté and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chickpeas. Sauté and cook for few minutes.
- Now, add in the cooked rice and toss them lightly.
- Add cilantro and toss everything well. You may add 2-3 tablespoons of water if you feel the need.
- Cover it and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/