Let the Christmas cheer begin! Time to enjoy the company of your loved ones, lots of sugar and cozy days in your home. Merry Christmas to all of you! Made these yummy coconut cookies. Very quick and easy to make, yet very delicious. The appealing aroma of baked coconut and melted butter that emanates from the oven will draw you to bite into a cookie as soon as it is out of the oven, but do control the urge and wait till it cools down, as cookies will turn crisp only on cooling.
Write a review
- Butter - 150 gms
- Granulated sugar - 150 gms
- Desiccated coconut - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Salt a pinch ( if, you are using unsalted butter)
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C (338 degrees F).
- In a glass bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar using hand blender till fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix it till light and fluffy.
- Mix together all purpose flour and desiccated coconut and fold this mixture in a butter mixture. Add salt (if you are using unsalted butter). Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Divide the cookie dough in half. Dust the surface with some dry flour and roll the cookie dough into approximately 1/4 inch thickness using rolling pin and cut it into square shape using cookie cutter (or any shape of your choice). Cut out as many cookies as you can. Chill the cut outs and rest of the dough in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the cookies on a greased baking tray or line the baking sheet with a butter paper and bake the cookies for 15 minutes or till light brown. Make the rest of the cookies the same way with the remaining dough.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/