Corn & cheese toast
A filling snack that is an ideal choice when your kids come home hungry from school. They are sure to love the gooey, cheesy mixture interspersed with mildly sweet corn. You will be satisfied with this snack too, as it provides your precious ones with much needed calcium in their growing phase. Moreover they make a good party starter that can be served anytime of the day and appeals to all age groups.
Write a review
- French loaf - 1 (You can use any bread of your choice)
- Sweet corn kernels - 1/2 cup
- Processed cheese - 2 Tbsp (grated)
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Onions - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- All purpose flour - 2 Tsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Capsicum - 2 Tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Mixed Italian herbs - 1 Tsp
- Mustard powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper - 1/2 Tsp
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions & saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and cook for few seconds.
- Add milk and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum, cheese and mixed herbs. Mix well and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard powder, corn, salt and black pepper and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Topping is ready. Keep it aside.
- Cut the loaf into 8 pieces diagonally. Toast it lightly on a skillet or bake it for 3-4 minutes on 180 degrees C using little butter.
- Spread a portion of the topping evenly on each toasted bread halve.
- Serve immediately topped with tomato ketchup.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/