These yummy corn cutlets are a delight to bite into! The crispy outer surface of the cutlets give way to a soft inside that merges the mellow sweetness of corn, the mushy texture of potatoes with tangy lemon juice and some peppy flavors and spices. Indeed, every bite of these cutlets is an experience to savour. Kids love them too and would love to see on the table when they come home hungry from school!
Write a review
- Corn - 1 cup + 2 Tbsp ( fresh / frozen)
- Potato - 2, medium, boiled and mashed
- Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 medium, grated
- Green chilies - 1, chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Chaat masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Gram flour / besan - 1 1/2 Tbsp, roasted
- Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
- Corn flour - 1 Tbsp
- Crushed pepper - 1/4 Tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Take 1 cup corn in a blender and blend the corns coarsely without adding any water.
- Take it out in a deep bowl. Add mashed potatoes, 2 Tbsp of corn, onions, carrots, ginger, green chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt, roasted gram flour, corn flour, bread crumbs, coriander leaves, lemon juice and crushed pepper. Combine everything well to form a dough. (You can add 1-2 tbsp of more bread crumbs if there is any moisture left)
- Grease your hands with little oil and shape the mixture into bullet shape cutlets.
- Deep fry the cutlets in hot oil.
- Take it out in an absorbent paper and serve hot with green chutney, tomato ketchup or any other chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/