Dhaba style Aloo Gobhi masala
Dhaba style Aloo Gobhi masala is a flavorful Indian vegetarian dish made with potatoes, cauliflower and some spices which makes it fragrant and mouth-watering! Try this recipe and enjoy your creation with chapati, parantha or rice and dal. It's delicious!
Write a review
- Cauliflower - 500 gms
- Potatoes - 4, medium size
- Tomato - 1, large
- Onion - 1 large, chopped
- Oil to deep fry cauliflower & potatoes
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Green chilies - 2, slit
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, chopped
- Salt - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 Tsp
- Yogurt - 2 Tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove any dirt. Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into big cubes. Pat them dry completely on a paper towel.
- Deep fry the cauliflower and potatoes until half done. Take them out on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan ( take the same oil in which the cauliflower and potatoes are fried ). Add cumin seeds, let it crackle, add in ginger and green chilies. Saute for a minute. Add onions, cook till the onions turns translucent. Add in tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Lower the flame now. Add in turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix it well and cover the lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Open the lid, add beaten yogurt and stir it continuously. Finely add the fried cauliflower and potatoes. Toss it gently with the masala. Sprinkle garam masala along with fresh coriander leaves. Cover the lid and let it cook in a slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Dhaba style Aloo Gobhi masala is ready to serve with hot chapati, parantha or rice and dal.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/