Eggless chocolate & banana cake
The fruity sweetness of bananas and the intoxicating bitterness of cocoa are a made for each other combination, especially when you team them up to make a dessert such as this! Enjoy this cake warm with a cup of tea, or top it with a scoop of ice-cream and serve it for dessert!
Write a review
- Whole wheat flour - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Banana - 2 (Large)
- Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 1/3 cup ( I used canola oil, you can use butter too )
- Water - 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 Tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup (keep some for sprinkling on top)
- In a mixing bowl, mash well the peeled ripen banana with a fork. Add rest of the ingredients to it & mix well. Don't forget to strain the flour before adding to the batter.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C (350 F). Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before taking out of the pan. Cut onto squares and serve.
- Cake is ready to serve.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/