Flaxseed Ladoo / Alsi Ladoo
Flaxseed Ladoo is a delicious winter snack made to protect our body from cold/cough and other winter ailments. These ladoos are highly nutritious and can be stored for a long time. They are high in fiber and has high amount of omega 3 fatty acids which is very good for our heart. So, it is essential to include Flaxssed/Alsi in our daily diet in some form. Give it a try!
Write a review
- Flaxseed / Alsi - 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Edible Gum - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Almonds - 2 Tbsp, slivered
- Raisins - 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1 Tsp
- Put flaxseed in a dry pan and roast it on a low flame till flaxseed make twisting sound while getting roasted. Set it aside and let it cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted flaxseed and make a coarse powder.
- Add powdered flaxseed once again in a same pan and roast it for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan ( save 2 tbsp for later use). Add whole wheat flour and roast it on a medium flame until light brown and fragrant. Set aside and let it cool slightly.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry edible gum on a medium flame until golden brown and puffed up. Keep it aside and let it cool. Crush the edible gum coarsely with the help of rolling pin or back of spoon.
- Roast the nuts in the same pan (in leftover ghee) for 2 minutes until light brown. Remove and let it cool.
- Now mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl : flaxseed powder, whole wheat flour, nuts, edible gum, cardamom powder and powdered sugar. Mix well until well combined.
- When the mixture is still warm, grease your palm with some ghee and shape the mixture into round ladoos.
- Allow them to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Keep the flame on low medium while frying edible gum otherwise they will be cooked from outside and remain raw from inside.
- Roast the flaxseed on a low medium flame. It can burn on high flame.
- When you mix powdered sugar with all the ingredients, the mixture should be still warm (not hot) else it will not mix properly with other ingredients.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/