Guacamole is a great addition to a Mexican meal, it adds a great dimension and a flavor that is unparalleled to anything else. The smooth texture of avocados, the medley of color and an amazing flavor are all brought together in this one side dish! Enjoy this Guacamole recipe as a dip with tortillas chips or as an accompaniment to your Mexican fare. Don't throw away the avocado shells, use it to serve the Guacamole. Serve it with my homemade nachos.
Write a review
- Avocados - 3, ripe
- Onions - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Lime juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Roma tomatoes - 1, large, deseeded and diced
- Cilantro leaves - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Jalapeño - 1 Deseeded and minced ( optional)
- Ground cumin - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp or to taste
- Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Then, use the same spoon to scoop out each avocado’s flesh and add to a medium bowl.
- Scatter lime juice over avocado then use a fork to gently mash until creamy, but still chunky. (Keep some texture).
- Add diced tomato, chopped cilantro, cumin, salt and the minced jalapeño (if using) to the avocado and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap by pushing the plastic wrap down onto the guacamole and refrigerate up to one day.
- Try not to over mash or puree avocados when making guacamole. You want a chunky dip, not a completely smooth one. So, when you’re making the guacamole, gently mash things together with a fork and leave some texture.
- Ensure you take a ripe avocados to avoid a raw taste that displeases the taste buds!
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/