Gur Papdi / Gol Papdi /Sukhadi
This wheat flour based sweet is easier to prepare than any of the other traditional Gujarati sweets. It is very quick and delicious to make. I love to have this sweet in winters to stay warm and healthy. Do give it a try.
Write a review
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup, grated
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Almonds - 3 Tbsp, slivered
- Pistachios - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Melt the ghee in a non stick kadhai, add the whole wheat flour and sauté on a low flame for approx. 15 -17 minutes or till it turns golden brown in color, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes. Add jaggery and cardamom powder. Mix well until the jaggery is well combined with the flour.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into the greased thali (plate) and spread it evenly with the help of flat spatula.
- Garnish with almond slivers and pistachios and press it gently with the help of spatula.
- Make the square cuts when it is still warm.
- Let it cool down and remove the pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/