Any mithai with khoya is totally irresistible because of its rich, milky flavour. Here is the traditional way of preparing khoya. It does take a little time to thicken the milk, but it's completely worth the efforts as no shortcut will give the same intense flavour and mouth-feel. As the festive season is almost here, prepare some khoya whenever you have some extra milk and time on your hands. It will be ready to use, when you prepare your favorite sweets.
Write a review
- Milk - 1 ltr ( full fat)
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, while stirring couple of times in between. It will take approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 30 minutes or till the milk reduces to 3/4 of its quantity, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Continue cooking on medium flame for 7-8 more minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it on to a plate, spread it evenly. Keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use as required or store in the freezer till use.
- Cool it completely before freezing the khoya. It stays fresh in an air-tight container in freezer for almost 15 days.
- Remove it from the freezer at least 30 minutes before using it and thaw it at room temperature.
- Makes about 200 gms of khoya.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/