Life wouldn’t be the same without Salsa – the dance and the dip, both amazing. Here we are going to talk about the ‘dip’ or the condiment that is the highlight to any Mexican meal. Fresh, delicious, easy, satisfying and fantastic! The spicy delicious Mexican salsa is made of blanched tomatoes spiced with pickled jalapeños and tobasco sauce. It's a refreshing dip that makes a perfect appetizer for parties along with Tortilla chips.
Write a review
- Blanched tomatoes- 5 (finely chopped)
- Pickled Jalapenos- 2 (chopped)
- Medium onion- 1 (chopped)
- Green chilies- 2 (chopped)
- Cumin powder- 1/4 Tsp
- a dash of tobacco sauce
- a small bunch of Coriander (chopped)
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 Teaspoon or more of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar- 1/4 Tsp
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the skin & excess seeds. You can keep some, as the pulp is important for the salsa.
- Chop the tomatoes & place them in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining chopped ingredients into the bowl. Squeeze in juice from half a lemon, add in some salt and a bit of sugar, some cumin powder, a generous drops of tobacco sauce.
- Stir all the ingredients to combine. Finally add a generous teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil & stir.
- Check the salt & spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Salsa is ready to serve with nachos or Mexican meal
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/