Indian Style Macaroni
Indian style macaroni, a fusion delicacy features cooked macaroni, perked up with delicious veggies and tomato ketchup and tongue-tickling desi spice mixes. Kids will love this too and you can pack this for their lunch box as well. Do give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Write a review
- Macaroni - 2 cups
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Garlic - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Onions - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Mushrooms - 7-8, cut into four pieces
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 Tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Pav Bhaji masala - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Water - 2 cups
- Start by boiling two cups of water, add salt to taste and a tablespoon of oil. Add the macaroni and boil it till it's well cooked but has a bite, in other words Al Dente. Strain the macaroni and rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Then add in chili powder, tomato ketchup, garam masala and pav bhaji masala, some coriander leaves and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the boiled macaroni and toss well with all the veggies and spices and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. while tossing occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
- You can add any veggies of your choice like french beans, carrots and green peas.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/