Instant Rava Uttapam
Start your day with healthy and tummy filling breakfast. These no-fuss, easy to make uttapams are ideal for breakfast, but can be had as a quick snack to silence a hunger pang any time of the day. Serve hot with sambar or chutney of your choice.
Write a review
- Semolina/Sooji - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Onion - 1, large, chopped
- Carrot - 1, large, grated
- Capsicum - 1, finely chopped
- Tomato - 1, large, chopped
- Green chilies - 2, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- In a bowl, combine semolina, yogurt, salt and half cup water. Mix well into a batter, ensuring that there are no lumps. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water in the batter and mix again. Add baking soda and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Pour a ladleful of batter and spread into a round shape.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp each of onions, capsicum, tomatoes, carrot and 1 tsp of green chilies, pinch of red chili powder, salt, cumin powder and some coriander leaves.
- Drizzle little oil on the sides. Cover and cook on a medium flame until light brown. Flip and cook on the other side ( topping side down) as well. Cook till light brown spots appears.
- Make rest of the uttapams same way with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with sambar or chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/