Jeera Cookies / Cumin Cookies
These 5 ingredients Jeera Cookies are delicious and very easy to make and taste better than the store bought ones. Very crunchy bite of this cumin flavored cookie is an opportunity to retreat from mundane worries and experience real delight! Serve them with Elaichi tea or coffee.
Write a review
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 113 gms (1 stick), softened
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Take the cumin seeds in a baking tray and roast it for 4-5 minutes ( you can roast it on tawa as well).
- In the meanwhile, take a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Take out the cumin seeds from the oven, crush it slightly with the help of rolling pin. Keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift all purpose flour. Add salt and 3/4 Tbsp of crushed cumin seeds. Mix it well.
- Now mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in 2-3 batches. Using your hands, form the mixture into a dough. Cookie dough is ready.
- Sprinkle some dry flour onto the clean surface and place cookie dough and roll the dough into 1/4 inch thickness using the rolling pin. Sprinkle remaining cumin seeds and roll it again, so that it gets stick to the dough well. Take cookie cutter of any shape of your choice, dip it in some dry flour and cut the cookies.
- Lift cookies with the help of a palatte knife and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make more cookies with the remaining dough.
- Now bake the cookies for 10 -12 minutes on 180 degrees F. Take it out and let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container and enjoy for up to 2 weeks.
- If you are using salted butter, then use only 1/2 Tsp of salt.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/