A very well-known dish that needs little introduction! Kadhai Paneer has the wonderful fresh ground spice aroma and flavor that compares to nothing else. This easy recipe is packed with flavor. Get ready to be amazed!
Write a review
Ingredients for Kadhai Masala
- Cloves - 2 to 3
- Fennel seeds - 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Peppercorns - 4
- Coriander seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Green cardamom - 2
Ingredients for gravy
- Paneer - 200 gms, cubed
- Onion - 2 cut length wise + 1 cubed
- Tomato - 4 large chopped + 1 cut into big chunks
- Capsicum - 1 diced
- Oil - 2 Tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Kashmiri lal mirch - 1 Tsp
- Dry red chili - 2
- Fresh cream - 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan, roast all the whole spices on low flame for 2 minutes. When the spices start to change the color turn off the flame, let the spices cool down a little bit.
- Put it into a blending jar, grind it into a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and ginger and saute it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, saute the onion on medium flame till it becomes little soft. Add in tomatoes and cook till it turns soft, add little salt to cook the tomato faster.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Put it into a blending jar and blend it into a smooth paste without adding water.
- Heat oil in the same pan, add cubed onions and capsicum and saute on a high flame for 2 minutes (do not overcook).
- Take it out in a plate.
- In the same pan heat butter, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chili, kashmiri lal mirch and saute it for few seconds.
- Add the prepared masala paste, saute the mixture on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted masala powder, mix it and cook it for another minute.
- Add sauted onion and capsicum and mix it properly.
- Add cream and mix it until well combined.
- Add 1/2 glass of water and stir it properly.
- Add paneer and salt to taste.
- Add garam masala, mix it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves. Kadhai Paneer is ready to serve!
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/