Kaju Makhana Curry
Curries are all about flavors and aroma. Kaju Makhana Curry, a nutritious rich curry made out of fox nuts and cashew nuts. This is a delicious curry that goes well with any Indian breads. Do give it a try!
Write a review
- Butter - 5 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 large, roughly chopped
- Tomato - 2 large, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tsp
- Cashews - 12, whole (for masala)
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
- Fox nuts (Makhana) - 1 cup
- Cashews - 12-15, whole (for curry)
- Garam Masala - 1/4 Tsp
- Kasuri Methi - 1 Tsp
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a pan, fry Makhana till light brown and crisp (approx. 3-4 minutes). Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 more Tbsp of butter and fry the cashews till light brown in color. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat 1 Tbsp of butter and sauté onions and ginger garlic paste. Add tomatoes and cashews (for curry). Sauté till they turn mushy.
- Cool completely and blend to smooth paste without adding any water.
- Heat butter in the same pan and sauté bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder and sauté in a very low flame for 20-30 seconds.
- Now add prepared onion-tomato paste and sauté for 10 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add coriander powder and salt to taste. Sauté for 5 minutes or till the raw smell of spices disappears. Now add cream and mix well. Save some for garnishing.
- Then add roasted makhana and cashew nuts and coat the gravy by mixing gently. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lastly add garam masala and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Garnish with some cream and a sprig of coriander.
- Kaju Makhana Curry is ready to server with roti, parantha or naan.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/