Leftover rice & zucchini patties
There are many interesting ways to make use of leftover rice. But this recipe tops the charts! Rice and zucchini patties, made with leftover rice and zucchini, flavored simply with green chilies, onions and some spices. Easy, delicious and quick to make this mouthwatering appetizer, which will disappear in no time. Do give it a try!
Write a review
- Leftover rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Zucchini - 1 cup, shredded and squeezed
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Green chilies - 2 chopped
- Parsley- 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Egg - 1, beaten
- Breadcrumbs - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper - 1/2 Tsp
- Oil for shallow frying the patties
- Mash the rice thoroughly in a deep bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each patty into flat rounds.
- Grease the tawa with little oil and cook the patties from both the sides until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- Add 2 Tbsp of cornstarch, if you don't eat egg.
- Make sure to squeeze out all the moisture from zucchini, otherwise you won't be able to make patties.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/