A hassle-free lunch-box option, lemon rice is a favorite with young and old alike in southern India! Lemon adds the tanginess, while the tempering imparts the aroma to this simple rice delicacy.
Write a review
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Cooked rice - 2 1/2 cups (preferably cold rice)
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Urad Dal (split black lentils) - 1/2 Tsp
- Chana Dal ( split bengal gram) - 1 Tsp
- Peanuts - 2 Tbsp
- Curry leaves - 7-8
- Green chilies - 1-2, slit
- Kashmiri red chilies - 2, broken into pieces
- Ginger - 1/2 Tsp, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, peanuts and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, green chilies and red chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Now add the turmeric powder and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/