Maddur Vada is a popular dish from the town of Maddur in Karnataka. This is an instant vada which can be made in 30 minutes. When you are craving for something savory, hot and crisp, this snack may be the answer. The crunchy peanuts that punctuate every bite are something I look forward to in this vada. Try it, I am sure you are going to love it.
Write a review
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Coarse semolina - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 Medium, finely chopped
- Green chili - 4 to 5, finely chopped
- Curry leaves - 2 Tbsp, roughly chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup, roughly crushed
- White sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1 Tsp
- Ginger - 1 Tsp, finely chopped
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp, melted
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, starting from chopped onion, rice flour, semolina, all purpose flour, peanuts, coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chili, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, ghee and add some salt. Now mix all the ingredients by adding desired amount of water and make it into a stiff dough.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Take a small lemon size dough, press it onto your palm and make it to a disc shape (it should not be too thin).
- Fry them in medium hot oil till they are golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or any pickle of our choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/