Matar Paneer Pulao
Paneer is a show-stealer! Undoubtedly one of my favourites. This is perfect for days when you want something quick & hot meal. It is delicious and the best comfort food for all the rice lovers. So go ahead and make this tummy filling main course rice recipe and enjoy it with your family.
Write a review
- Long grain basmati rice – 1 cup, washed and soaked in water for half an hour
- Green peas – 1 cup, if using frozen, thaw it before using
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 gms, diced
- Raisins – around 20
- Cashew nuts – around 15 , split into half
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Salt – 1 ½ Tsp or to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Black cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 6
- Black pepper whole – around 10
- Green chilies - 2, finely chopped
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala - ½ Tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Desi ghee or butter – 3 Tbsp
- Take the paneer & shallow fry the paneer pieces in desi ghee/butter on low-medium flame until golden brown from both sides. Take it out and keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee/butter in a pressure cooker. Add Cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, cloves, black pepper whole and asafoetida and saute until the nice aroma starts coming out. Add cashews, cook until light pink in color. Add peas. Cook it for 2 minutes then add ginger and raisins and cook it further for 30 seconds.
- Add water, green chilies, red chili powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Now add the rice and mix gently & pressure cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with pickle or raita of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/