Theplas are an inherent part of Gujarati meals, and are prepared for regular meals, traveling and for picnics, eaten with chunda or sweet mango pickle. These Theplas have a great shelf-life and have an amazing flavor. You can even add other ingredients such as lauki or spinach to this recipe, to add more variety to your menu.
Write a review
- Fenugreek leaves - 1 cup fresh, chopped
- Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups + for dusting
- Salt to taste
- Carom seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Ginger green chili paste - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 Tsp
- Water as needed
- Ghee/ Oil - 1 Tbsp + for basting
- Take Fenugreek leaves in a bowl. Add salt, Carom seeds, ginger green chili paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, sugar and mix well.
- Add flour and yogurt and mix well. Add little water and knead into a stiff dough. Add 1 Tbsp ghee/oil and knead it again. Cover with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, flatten and roll out into thin discs dusting with dry flour.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Roast the prepared Theplas till golden brown from both the sides, basting with ghee/oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or pickle of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/