Palak kadhi is a healthy accompaniment with rice or roti with bountiful of iron and vitamin A. This is an unusual way of adding nutrients by way of greens to your meal. Serve hot with steamed rice and a big bowl of salad to end your lunch.
Write a review
- Curds - 1 cup, whisked
- Gram flour ( besan) - 2 Tbsp
- Spinach - 1 cup, roughly chopped
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) - 1/4 Tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 Tsp
- Onion - 1, medium, chopped
- Ginger green chili paste - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine the curds and gram flour (besan) in a deep bowl and whisk till the mixture is smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Let them splutter.
- Add onions, ginger green chili paste, sauté for a minute on a medium flame. Add in curds-gram flour mixture, turmeric powder, red chili powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.
- Check out my other Kadhi recipe here >> Punjabi Kadhi Pakora
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/