Paneer Stuffed Moong Dal Chilas
Give the biscuits a pass at tea-time and opt for this easy-to-make and extremely healthy snack instead! Paneer itself is considered a great source of protein and when combined with a pulse like moong, it becomes a super source. That apart, this tasty snack improves our vitamin A and folic acid levels. You can change the stuffing to suit your taste. Give it a try, you will love it!
Write a review
Ingredients for Moong Dal batter
- Yellow Moong dal - 1 cup (washed and soaked for 2 hrs and drained)
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Green chili - 1
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Oil to cook the chilas
Ingredients for the stuffing
- Paneer - 1-2 cup, grated
- Carrots - 1, medium, grated
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 Tsp
- Chat masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tbsp
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
Method to make the stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic. Let it sauté for 30 seconds, add peas. Cook it for 2 minutes, covered. Open the lid, add grated paneer and carrots. Add in some salt, red chili powder, garam masala and chat masala. Mix well and cook it for a minute. Add coriander leaves, mix well. Stuffing is ready. Keep it aside.
Method to make the chilas
- Grind all the Moong dal batter ingredients by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Heat 1/4 tsp of oil on a non-stick tawa (griddle). Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make a 6" thin round diameter circle.
- Smear some oil on the sides. Let it cook for a minute and flip it over to cook on the other side as well. Cook it until golden brown from both the sides. Flit it over once again and spread 2 tbsp of stuffing in the center. Fold the chila from both the sides.
- Make some more chilas with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/