Potato Corn Open Sandwich
A perfect balance of textures and flavors makes the Potato Corn Open Sandwich a delight to relish! Spicy potato and corn mixture topped on wholewheat bread with a nutty punch of sesame seeds and then toasted to get a crispy delight. Do try this simple and yummy sandwich at home with this simple recipe!
Write a review
- Potato - 1, large boiled
- Sweet corn - 1/4 cup boiled
- Green chilies - 2, chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, grated
- Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1 Tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Tomato Ketchup
- Whole wheat bread slices - 4
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- Boil, peel and mash potato.
- Add in boiled corn, ginger, green chilies, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, lemon juice, salt, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Apply tomato ketchup on one side of slice and spread it evenly.On top of ketchup spread prepared potato corn mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top of potato mixture and press gently so that it sticks to the mixture.
- Apply butter on both sides of prepared sandwich and shallow fry on hot skillet until crisp from both the sides.
- Cut it into any shape.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
Checkout my other sandwich recipes as well
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/