Potato kohlrabi subzi
Potatoes and Kohlrabi when paired together, something delicious comes out. When you can’t think of anything to make, try this easy recipe of Potato Kohlrabi subzi that is sure to become a staple “go to” recipe in your household.
Write a review
- Kohlrabi – 4, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Potatoes – 3 medium, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 medium, finely chopped
- Green chilies – 1, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – ½ Tsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ Tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Red chili powder – to taste
- Garam masala – ½ Tsp
- Coriander – 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and add cumin seeds. Allow them to sizzle. Add asafoetida, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Cook it for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder & red chili powder & cook it for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, mix well & cook the tomatoes for 2 minutes, covered until they are soft.
- Add Kohlrabi, mix well & cook for 10 minutes, covered (Kohlrabi takes longer time to cook so we will add it first without potatoes) Add potatoes, mix and cook for another 20 minutes, covered.
- Open to check if it’s done. If not then cook it for another 5- 10 minutes, stirring in between. Add garam masala & switch off the flame.
- Garnish with Coriander & serve hot with Roti or paranthas.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/