Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
If you are looking for a quick and healthy lunch idea, make this Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich. It’s one of my favorite sandwiches. I could eat it every day for lunch. This Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad is also great as a dip for veggies, crackers, and pita chips.
Write a review
- Chickpeas – 1 can (15 ounce)
- Avocado – 1, large, ripe
- Fresh Cilantro - ¼ cup, chopped
- Green onion – 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bread of your choice ( I used whole wheat bread)
- Fresh spinach leaves or any other sandwich toppings : lettuce, tomato slices, sprouts, etc.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, using a fork smash the chickpeas & avocado together. Add in Cilantro, green onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread Salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings ( I added spinach leaves and few slices of tomato)
- This salad is best eaten the day it is made because it will turn brown due to avocado.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/